When you purchase a plant from your local nursery one of the first things you need to consider is what amazing pot am I going to plant it in. Then how do I transfer it to that amazing pot and KEEP IT ALIVE!
- Find a pot that has drainage holes.
- Add a little water if needed to moisten the soil of the plant you will be repotting.
- Loosen the roots be gently shaking and using your fingers. Be careful to not damage the roots in the process.
- Line the bottom of the new pot with the correct potting mix. Speak to your local nursery if you are unsure which soil is best for your plant.
- Place the plant in the new pot and fill the sides of the pot with potting mix.
- Give it a little more water to help the plant settle in.